Located just 15 minutes from our hotel is the center of activity for the Piedmont Triad Region, the Greensboro Coliseum Complex in College Hill. The Complex opened in 1959 and is now known as the largest arena in the South and second in the nation. This Greensboro Attraction features the 23,500-seat Greensboro Coliseum, 2,400-seat War Memorial Auditorium, 300-seat Odeon Theatre, and 167,000-square foot Special Event Center consisting of three exhibition halls. The Greensboro Coliseum Complex is host to many activities throughout the year like concerts by top artists, athletic events, theater, conventions, trade shows, circuses, cultural events, and fairs. The Complex is currently the home of the University of North Carolina Greensboro men's basketball team and the men and women's ACC Basketball Tournament.
The Greensboro Coliseum Complex has welcomed legends in music like Billy Joel, BonJovi, Eagles, Bruce Springsteen, and is continuing the tradition with a full lineup of tale
nted artist joining the stage. Not only is there an impressive musical lineup at the Complex but comedians, holiday shows, and other not to miss events. Here is just some of the upcoming events to keep in mind for the next time you are in Greensboro/High Point:
- November 6: John Mellencamp “No Better Than This” Tour
- November 12-15: 2012 U.S. Synchronized Swimming Olympic Team Trials
- November 16: An Evening with Joe Bonamassa
- November 18: Lewis Black
- November 25-27: Craftsmen's Christmas Classic Arts & Crafts Festival
- November 29: 311 with DJ Soulman
- December 1-4: Disney on Ice Presents Dare to Dream
- December 9: Brian Regan
- January 21: Miranda Lambert with Chris Young and Jerrod Niemann
Check out Greensboro Coliseum Complex online to see a full list of upcoming shows. Reserve a room with our hotel and have an easy, hassle-free evening enjoying entertainment at the Complex.
Photo credit: Greensboro Coliseum Complex